Wednesday, July 25, 2007

First blog

Yay! I have a new place to put all of my crafty thoughts and what-not. I am currently working on a baby sweater for a pregnant co-worker. It's a little mock-rib sweater and hat set, and is very adorable, but honestly, it's a pain in the ass. I dislike ribbing, if only because switching back and forth between knit and purl makes it take forever to get done. My next project is going to be a pink fuzzy purse with circular handles for another of my girls. (By "my girls", I'm referring to one of the women that I work with. There's a lot of them.) She liked the bamboo handles that I have on my burgundy and peach purse, but I think that a nice metal handle might look a lot nicer with the yarn that I'm going to be using. After that, I have a nice little purse for yet another one of my girls, but this one done in nylon cord. I want it to be ok if it gets soaking wet, but waterproof is not in anyway going to happen. That one will be smaller, and much quicker, but I think I'll crochet it instead of knitting it. I need a good color, though. Eh, I'll figure it out. Well, that baby sweater isn't knitting itself, so, thanks for reading, and I'll be back later with pictures and/or patterns.

No comments: